Edmond Police Department Recruitment
The Edmond Police Department is not accepting applications at this time. The application process for the 2018 Police Academy closed at 5pm on March 2, 2018.
If you have previously applied for our 2018 Police Academy, you will be contacted directly with further instructions or information.
The 2018 Police Academy will begin on September 10th, 2018. Starting yearly salary for new hires will be $56,519.00.
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, or you would like to attend one of our applicant orientation days then contact our recruiters by email.
Minimum Qualifications for Police Officer
- You must be at least 21 years of age.
- You must be in good physical condition.
- You must be a United States citizen.
- You must have successfully completed one of the following:
- 30 or more hours of college credit hours with a minimum GPA of 2.0.
- A minimum of 15 hours of college credit with a minimum GPA of 2.0 and 2 years prior *police experience
- A minimum of 15 hours of college credit with a minimum GPA of 2.0 and 4 years prior active military experience with a discharge under honorable conditions.
- A minimum of 15 hours of college credit with a minimum GPA of 2.0 AND served 4 years as an Edmond Police Department Jailer*
- You must have or be able to obtain an Oklahoma State Driver's License.
- You must have a driving record acceptable to the City's insurance carrier.
- You must have an excellent history of personal conduct, behavior and employment.
- You must have basic knowledge of computer use.
Preparing for the National Police Officer Selection Test (POST):
- Please visit this website if you wish to purchase a POST Practice Test or Study Guide.
The Edmond Police Department appreciates your interest in our elite program and your choice to move forward with the application process should you choose to do so.