News Releases

Posted on: September 22, 2017

Historic Edmond Armory Building Set for Temporary Closure

The historic Edmond Armory building located at 431 South Boulevard is set for temporary closure beginning October 21, 2017 and running through January 2, 2018.  The building, owned by the City of Edmond, currently houses the Edmond Historical Society & Museum.

The closure is taking place for Phase II of renovations to the 1936 WPA building. Phase II renovations will address updates to the electrical wiring in the building, replacement of lighting with new LED fixtures, and remodeling of the restroom facilities to meet ADA standards.

Due to the need to move some collections out of storage areas for the electrical and lighting upgrades and the necessity of restrooms being unavailable, the Edmond Historical Society & Museum’s gallery and children’s area will be closed from October 21, 2017 – January 2, 2018.  Museum staff will be working during this time to facilitate the construction and protection of the artifacts, but the building will be closed to the public. 

Fall and winter events will continue at the Rodkey House Event and Education Annex and the 1889 Territorial Schoolhouse.  Museum staff will stay in contact with visitors, members and supporters through the media, social media and their website during the closure.

For additional questions regarding the Edmond Historical Society & Museum, please contact Executive Director Anita Schlaht at aschlaht@edmondhistory.org or 340-0078.

 ###

Facebook Twitter Google Plus Email