Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The Edmond City Council adopted a Declaration of Emergency related to community spread of COVID-19 that has been signed into effect by Mayor Dan O’Neil. This Declaration of Emergency is subject to change by the City Council at future scheduled, special or emergency meetings.
The Declaration of Emergency institutes new community measures to help combat the spread of COVID-19 in Edmond. The changes are the result of recommendations from our health partners the Oklahoma City-County Health Department (OCCHD), the Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSHD) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC).
Effective immediately upon signing of the Declaration of Emergency:
• The City is revoking all previously approved special event permits between March 19 – April 19.
• All events or meetings of 50 or more people at City owned-operated facilities are suspended until further notice.
• The City Manager is directed to not discontinue water and utility services for customers unable to pay their bills for a period of 30 days.
• All Citylink passengers must maintain a distance of at least 3 feet from other users when possible.
• All bars without on-premises food service, hookah bars, cigar bars, and vaping lounges shall be closed to the public effective 12:01 am, Thursday, March 19, 2020 through April 6, 2020. This does not prohibit the presence of personnel required for the maintenance of the facility or grounds. All other persons are restricted from such places.
• All bars with on-premises food service, breweries, taverns, and restaurants are restricted to providing only take-out or delivery of food and sale of pre-packaged alcohol authorized for sale under state law effective 12:01 am, Thursday, March 19, 2020 through April 6, 2020. Such locations are otherwise closed to the public and persons, other than employees, are restricted from such places for any other purpose. This provision does not include institutional or in-house cafeterias serving residents, employees, childcare facilities, hospitals or long-term care facilities.
• The following places are closed to the public and all persons, except personnel necessary for maintenance of the facility and grounds, are restricted from such places effective 12:01 am, Thursday, March 19, 2020 through April 6, 2020:
o Athletic gyms, exercise facilities, indoor sports facilities, indoor climbing facilities, bowling alleys, skating rinks, trampoline parks, and similar recreational facilities.
o Movie theaters.
o Food courts.
Additionally, the City of Edmond is taking measures in the coming days to limit access to some city buildings. For the latest information on building closures, additional cancellations and access to resources from our health partners, please visit http://edmondok.com/coronavirus.