Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
During their meeting on Monday, June 1st, The City of Edmond City Council approved advancing to Phase III of reopening under the State of Oklahoma’s Three-Phase Open Up & Recover Safely (OURS) Plan. As part of Phase III reopening, the following are in effect:
• Citizens should minimize time spent in crowded environments and continue following guidelines regarding social distancing.
• Summer camps can open.
• Businesses can resume unrestricted staffing at their work sites with proper social distancing measures and disinfecting practices.
• Limited visitation to hospitals can be reinstated.
• Visitation at nursing homes and long-term facilities remain prohibited.
• City-approved special events are suspended through June 30.
• Utility disconnections are suspended through June 30.
For additional information on the OURS Plan and how it impacts businesses and more, please visit https://www.okcommerce.gov/covid19/ours-plan. The page is updated regularly, so please check back as more specific information is made available by the state for the opening of different types of businesses.
As a reminder, all Edmond citizens are encouraged to take extra measures to put a physical distance of six feet between yourself and other people, wash your hands regularly and to consider wearing a cloth facial covering when in a public setting as recommended by the CDC to further reduce virus risk. The City of Edmond will continue to follow the guidance of the Oklahoma City-County Health Department, the Oklahoma State Department of Health and the Center for Disease Control.