Volunteer With Urban Forestry
Urban Forestry's volunteer events are a great way to get involved in the community and contribute to a thriving urban forest. Here are some other benefits:
- Win awards/prizes! (See below)
- Get community service hours.
- Find a community project for your group to participate in together.
- Spend time outdoors, while learning about trees and how to properly plant and care for them!
- Contribute to a legacy that will grow and increasingly enhance Edmond's public spaces for years to come.
Eligibility to Win Prizes
Volunteering with Urban Forestry provides several opportunities to win prizes, including:
- Enter a raffle for door prizes at each event, just for participating!
- Earn additional entries into a larger annual raffle, number of entries increasing with each event attended! (Learn more on the Volunteer Group of the Year page - must attend Arbor Day Tree Planting at end of March to win)
- Earn points for your community group, with a chance of winning the Volunteer Group of the Year award!
Volunteer Event Schedule
Signup sheets will be posted as an event draws near. Additional details about projects will be included on the signup.
- Thursday, February 27th, 4 PM – Seedling Planting at Cross Timbers Municipal Complex
- Tuesday, March 10th, 4 PM – Tree Planting Westborough Park Playground
- Saturday, March 28th, 10 AM – Arbor Day Tree Planting at Boulevard Academy
- Wednesday, April 15th, 4 PM – Landscape Improvement at Festival Marketplace
- Thursday, May 7th, 4 PM – Mulching Trees at Swan Lake Detention Area
What Should Volunteers Bring?
- Close-toed shoes
- Weather appropriate, comfortable clothing
- A reusable water bottle
- Sun protection and insect repellent
- Tools, if available (Urban Forestry will provide tools as well)
Sometimes weather or other factors cause changes in event details. All event updates will be posted on Urban Forestry's Facebook page, and notifications will be sent out via the online signups. Be sure to check there for any changes in plans or cancellations.