Purchasing / Vendor Requirements
- All contracts exceeding $50,000 (General Fund and EPWA) require approval by the City Council.
- At a minimum, informal quotes and proposals should be submitted by the vendor and must contain an adequate description of the item or services, an itemized cost or a not to exceed contract amount, and a time for delivery or completion of the work.
- Certain “on-site” services require proof of insurance. Purchasing staff will assist as needed in specifying and obtaining these documents from the vendor.
- Purchases between $15,000 and $49,999 (General Fund and EPWA) require the solicitation of a minimum of three price quotations.
- Purchases estimated to cost over $50,000 (General Fund and EPWA) require sealed, written bids or proposals. All formal SFB and RFP’s will be submitted through and processed by the Purchasing division.
- Quotes and proposals must be submitted by the vendor in written form. Quotes can be transmitted via fax, regular mail, email, or by the city's online bidding system, which is the preferred method, for any item or service which does not exceed the city's bid limits.
- All vendors are asked to help maintain our policy that no city employee accepts any gifts or favors. The best favor you can do for us is to see the city receives the best prices, quality, and service.
- Being a valued supplier, please call us if you have any questions.
- It is mutually beneficial for us to be kept up to date on new ideas or products. Please make sure we have your most current catalogs or website address.
- Please be advised that purchasing authority is delegated to the Purchasing division. A purchase order is awarded after the compliance of state, federal, and local regulations.
- Please call ahead for appointments whenever possible.
- Please conduct your business openly and frankly. As a public entity, our records are a matter of public record.
- Please do not make "social calls" - in sales, we know time is money to you.
- Please quote realistic delivery dates (in consecutive calendar days).
- We expect you to honor all pricing, delivery, and service agreements as quoted.