Edmond Police Department Recruitment
The Edmond Police Department application process is currently open. Applications will be accepted until Monday, December 14, 2020. Please complete the Preliminary Applicant Questionnaire below and email it to EPDapplications@edmondok.com to begin the application process. More information about the Police Officer Job Posting can be found here. The Academy will begin on May 10, 2021.
Preparing for the National Police Officer Selection Test (POST):
- Please visit this website if you wish to purchase a POST Practice Test or Study Guide.
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact our recruiters by email.
Minimum Qualifications for Police Officer
- You must be at least 21 years of age.
- You must be in good physical condition.
- You must be a United States citizen.
- You must have successfully completed one of the following:
- 30 or more hours of college credit hours with a minimum GPA of 2.0.
- A minimum of 15 hours of college credit with a minimum GPA of 2.0 and 2 years prior *police experience
- A minimum of 15 hours of college credit with a minimum GPA of 2.0 and 4 years prior active military experience with a discharge under honorable conditions.
- A minimum of 15 hours of college credit with a minimum GPA of 2.0 AND served 4 years as an Edmond Police Department Jailer*
- You must have or be able to obtain an Oklahoma State Driver's License.
- You must have a driving record acceptable to the City's insurance carrier.
- You must have an excellent history of personal conduct, behavior and employment.
- You must have basic knowledge of computer use.
Be sure to check us out on Facebook. This is a great way to stay updated with important dates and information.
The Edmond Police Department appreciates your interest in our elite program and your choice to move forward with the application process should you choose to do so.